Better Europe Public Affairs launched in 2017 and is now looking for a trainee to help our NGO, CSO, government and real economy clients make a better Europe.
As our client base grows, we are looking for a motivated trainee/junior consultant (m/f/x) to monitor and advise clients on developments on the crossroads of finance, sustainability, human rights, due diligence and company law.
– Track a specific set of policy dossiers relevant to our clients, including desk research but also frequent contact with decision-makers in the EU institutions
– Build up and/or maintain your network in the EU institutions and beyond
– Assist the Director in executing project-structured work as well as responding to ad-hoc requests of clients
– Attend and report on relevant “EU bubble” events internally and to clients
– Assist with the organisation of EUChanger trainings and help develop the EUChanger network of civil society advocates throughout Europe (c. 1 day/week)
– Over time, take direct responsibility for client accounts
– Engage in business development with the Director
– Take care of a fair part of the administrative work at Better Europe
– Recently completed university studies in a relevant domain and/or initial professional experience (0-3 years), ideally in a Brussels-based EU institution, consultancy, NGO, government, or in-house role
– Strong political sensitivity and ability to quickly translate client needs and concerns into advocacy action
– Thorough knowledge of the functioning of the EU
– Excellent written and spoken English and at least one other EU language
– Experience in politics, campaigning and/or advocacy, at a local, national or EU level
– Experience with our key policy areas
– Commercial / business development talent
– German or Spanish at native or near-native level
– Belgian minimum wage CP/PC200 (c. € 1790 gross/month in 2020) + statutory holiday allowance
– Initial contract for 6 months, permanent contract as Junior Consultant possible afterwards
– Flexible contract (32, 36 or 40h/week — 50/50 home/office work for the near post-pandemic future)
– 20 Paid holidays/year (on full-time basis)
– Public transport reimbursement or bike allowance
Deadline for applications: Friday 21 August 2020, 17h CET.
Video interviews w/c 24 or 31 August. Preferred start date: September-October 2020.
We try to respond to all applications within four weeks, and look forward to receiving yours.
Please send your letter of motivation and CV by email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning “Trainee” in the title of your e-mail.
In the course of this application process, we might use LinkedIn and other social media to gather supplementary information about your background.
Agences (Actiris, Forem, intérim, …) s’abstenir! Merci de ne pas envoyer de candidatures en français.