23 JAN 2023
Better Europe Public Affairs is looking for a trainee to help our NGO and civil society clients and their funders make a better Europe.
We are looking for a motivated trainee to help us monitor and advise clients with a focus on corporate responsibility and reporting, due diligence, and sustainability.
– Track a specific set of policy dossiers relevant to our clients, including desk research and occasional contact with decision-makers in the EU institutions
– Build up and/or maintain your network in the EU institutions and beyond
– Assist other staff in executing project-structured work as well as responding to ad-hoc requests of clients
– Attend and report on relevant “EU bubble” events internally and to clients
– Recently completed university studies in a relevant domain, such as political science, European studies or economics
– Strong political sensitivity
– Thorough knowledge of the functioning of the EU
– Excellent written and spoken English and at least one other EU language
– Experience in politics, campaigning and/or advocacy, at a local, national or EU level
– Experience with our key policy areas
– Belgian contrat d’immersion professionnelle/beroepsinlevingsovereenkomst; allowance of € 1300/month (net)
– Contract for 6 months with continuation possible afterwards
– Part-time work (80%) possible
– Public transport reimbursement or bike allowance
Preferred start date: 1 March 2023. This position is Brussels-based; while some work at home is possible, we expect you to be in our Brussels office (Schuman) at least two days a week.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 3 February 2023, 17:00 CET. We aim to have the interviews take place in the week of 13 February.